Group Sustainability Manager – fulltime
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of the Evos sustainability program, objectives and KPI
- Develop and manage a sustainability roadmap, ensuring buy-in from internal stakeholders
- Define and manage a sustainability reporting framework for internal and external stakeholder reporting purposes
- Define an approach to assessing sustainability related risks and opportunities as well as the measurement of the financial and non-financial impacts
- Develop thorough understanding of internal and external stakeholder expectations and leverage knowledge to minimize risks and capitalize on opportunities to improve our sustainability performance
- Provide in-house expertise on corporate sustainability and mega trends
- Monitor and review sustainability performance (terminal specific and consolidated) and initiatives together with the terminal teams
- Support for the terminals in the implementation of the Evos sustainability program and local initiatives
- Build effective partnerships (internal/external) to define and drive sustainability initiatives and goals. Encourage sustainability innovations across the Evos group
- Monitor related rules and legislation, e.g. in the area of environmental topics
- Develop and implement group-wide initiatives to improve Evos’ sustainability performance, e.g. in the area of environmental protection (energy saving, water saving, carbon emission reduction)
You will report to the functional lead of the Executive Committee. You contribute to the preparation of materials for the Supervisory Board’s Sustainability Committee. You will work closely with relevant functions at the terminals. Occasional travel in Europe is required (Netherlands, Germany, Spain). Your base location is expected to be Amsterdam, but other locations may be considered.
Working in a professional, fast-paced environment, with colleagues who enjoy working together. In addition you receive:
- Attractive salary based on knowledge and experience
- Option to buy 10 additional holidays, on top of the 30 you already receive
- Collective health insurance, of which we pay 50% of the base premium
- Excellent pension scheme
- Freedom to perform your job in the best way. Do you take initiative? That’s appreciated!
You are customer- and result-oriented and possess excellent communication skills. You are analytically strong, flexible and have a proactive mindset. Furthermore:
- You are schooled in sustainability management, environmental or engineering sciences or possess equivalent relevant experience in sustainability management
- Extensive experience in a similar role (3 year+)
- Preferably HSE subject matter expertise
- Strong belief in environmental, economic, commercial and social benefits of sustainable development with a pragmatic and realistic mindset
- Experience working in a dynamic business environment, preferably in energy-related sectors
- Thorough knowledge of the current sustainability trends and standards incl. UN Sustainable Development Goals, GRi reporting, stakeholder dialogue, impact assessment, carbon footprint calculation / validation etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to collaborate, influence and build rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Change management and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial thinker with proven ability to translate strategy into tangible plans and actions and the confidence to work independently as well as in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent English communication skills. Other languages are considered an advantage
- You exhibit exemplary behavior and want to improve the sustainability culture within Evos
- You have the ambition to grow as a sustainability expert, improving the sustainability function over time and taking ownership of the underlying deliverables.
If you want to apply for this job, please send your resume and motivation to Heleen Martens, HR Manager, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
An assessment is part of the application procedure.
Acquisition by recruitment agencies is not appreciated and will not be responded to.