Group Compliance Manager – Amsterdam / Rotterdam based
Evos is an international and independent energy storage company which operates a network of premium tank terminals in Europe with a storage capacity of 2.5 million CBM. Evos has been set up in October 2019 and is owned by an investment fund managed by First State Investments. We aim to build a leading European storage platform from which we are looking to continue to grow. We store crucial energy products and believe the energy transition is a source of new opportunities. Our existing terminals are located in the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Rotterdam), Germany (Hamburg), and Spain (Algeciras). The Evos group office is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
As Group Compliance Manager you lead the organization’s corporate compliance function. Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Develop and implement the Evos compliance program, possibly supported by a simple IT tool. The planned compliance program will replace the current applicable compliance policies from its former parents.
- Train and help the organization understand the Evos compliance policies and procedures.
- Keeps abreast of significant developments and/or changes in relevant laws, regulations and good business practices, and on significant internal developments which may have an impact on the Compliance risk profile
- Assist senior management to communicate on compliance policies.
- Help organize and maintain the necessary conditions for policies to be effective.
- Challenge management and existing practices.
- Investigate incidents, if and when required.
- Act as group whistleblower contact in addition to the whistleblower contact at each terminal
- Act as board secretary for the meetings of the Evos Supervisory Board
- Perform company secretarial work of the holding companies
- Perform corporate affairs work in relation to policies, procedures and risk control frame work
- Contribute to a planned legal restructuring of the group’s holding companies
You will report to the CFO. The group compliance manager will have a functional line to the chairman of the Audit Committee and provide once a year an independent compliance report to the Audit Committee. You will work closely with the HSSEQ function at the terminals, where the function compliance in relation to operations is embedded. Occasional travel in Europe is required (Germany, Spain). Your base location is Amsterdam. Option to fulfill this position on a part-time or full-time basis.
What we offer
Working in a professional, fast-paced environment, with colleagues who enjoy working together. In addition you receive:
- Attractive salary based on knowledge and experience
- Option to buy 10 additional holidays, on top of the 30 you already receive
- Collective health insurance, of which we pay 50% of the base premium
- Excellent pension scheme
- Freedom to perform you job in the best way. Do you take initiative? That’s appreciated!
You are customer- and result oriented and possess excellent communication skills. You are analytically strong, flexible and have a proactive mindset. Furthermore:
- You are legally schooled (bachelor or academic degree required)
- Experience working in a business environment
- Excellent English communication skills. Other languages are considered an advantage
- You exhibit exemplary behavior with respect to compliance and want to improve the risk culture within Evos
- You have the ambition to grow as a compliance and risk expert, improving the compliance risk assessment over time and taking ownership of the underlying deliverables
- It is mandatory that you already are eligible to work in the Netherlands and live here.
Time for action
If you want to apply for this job, please send your resume and motivation to Heleen Martens, HR Manager, via email@example.com.
An assessment is part of the application procedure.
Acquisition by recruitment agencies is not appreciated and will not be responded to.