Finance Manager – fulltime, location Rotterdam – Evos Rotterdam
Evos is an international and independent energy storage company which operates a network of premium tank terminals in Europe with a storage capacity of 2.5 million CBM. Evos is owned by an investment fund managed by First Sentier Investors and aims to build a leading European storage platform from which it is looking to continue to grow. We store crucial energy products and believe the energy transition is a source of new opportunities. Our existing terminals are located in the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Rotterdam), Germany (Hamburg), and Spain (Algeciras).
The location Rotterdam was established in 1992 and was acquired by Evos early 2020. The core business of Evos Rotterdam is the storage of bio-ethanol and methanol, and in addition it has a production facility for the production of methanol derivatives. The Evos group employs in total ~330 staff of which ~60 in Rotterdam.
After the carve-out from its former parent company we now have a position available for a Finance Manager, with the exciting opportunity to further build and mature the finance function within Evos Rotterdam.
The Finance Manager Evos Rotterdam is a member of the Evos Rotterdam Management Team and the Evos Group Finance Team. You report to the Evos Rotterdam Terminal Managing Director with a functional reporting line to the CFO of the Evos Group.
Your primary responsibility is to ensure that decision making is aligned with the company’s objectives throughout the company in Rotterdam and safeguard the sound financial economic position of the company. You add value to the company by being a trusted business partner, working in a collaborative way, providing analytics to support decision making, increasing transparency of management information, and strengthening current financial processes, systems, and data.
Furthermore, you are responsible for Accounting, Business Controlling, including Capital Project Controlling, Compliancy to finance/tax legislations, ensuring a healthy cash flow. Additionally, you have an operational responsibility on the Evos Rotterdam site for the IT, Legal and Purchasing functions.
As part of the Evos Dutch shared service strategy, some operational Accounting, Tax and IT activities are being done by the Group/Evos Amsterdam.
Responsibilities and main tasks
- Deliver as part of the Management Team on the ambitious growth strategy for Rotterdam, which includes a significant expansion from its current footprint.
- Partner with business managers to develop strategies and action plans to improve business performance and profitability.
- Drive deeper understanding of business economics throughout the company.
- Give financial support to ensure commercial decisions are being taken with full view of financial, resource and risk implications including compliance to company policy, laws and regulations.
- Conduct investment analysis, financial modeling and project evaluations of capital expenditures.
- Coordinate strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Analyze financial and business performance and take actions accordingly.
- Monitor every aspect of accounting, including, but not limited to, investigating expense and productivity rates.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of monthly financial reports to parties inside and outside the organization.
- Ensure that all financial activities are conducted in compliance to local and national regulations. Support development of internal control environments.
- Monitor and support Treasury, financial and cash management activities for Evos.
- Represent the company’s financial interest with auditors, legal counsel, tax authorities, and other outside contacts and professional groups to promote favorable working relations and positive response.
- Responsible for direct and indirect tax matters
- Manage and improve, in close cooperation with other local MT members, the Rotterdam ERP, Customs, Tank Terminal Systems and Reporting systems.
- Manage and improve, in close cooperation with other local MT members, the Rotterdam business processes, financial procedures and controls.
- Partner with Group Compliance Manager to ensure implementation and monitoring of Group Policies like (Code of Ethics and Business Conduct).
- Partner with Group and Rotterdam Customs Team to ensure compliancy to AEO regulations.
Requirements and qualifications
- University level education (Masters), ideally in Business Economics with a specialization in Finance or Accounting.
- More than 5 years working experience in a broad international business finance role in an industrial environment, preferably in the marine logistics sector.
- Demonstrable experience and solid understanding of business controlling, capital project controlling and accounting.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Team oriented mind-set / Team builder.
- Hands on mentality, pragmatic.
- Excellent knowledge of both the Dutch and English language.
- Ambition and capacity to achieve results, proactive, strategic insight, analytical & planning skills.
- Solid knowledge of IFRS/ Dutch GAAP
- Experience with projects and business transitions
Time for action
If you want to apply for this job, please send your resume and motivation to Heleen Martens, HR Manager, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
An assessment is part of the application procedure.
Acquisition by recruitment agencies is not appreciated and will not be responded to.