Group Manager Information Technology
Evos is an independent liquid bulk storage company which operates a network of state-of-the-art tank terminals in Europe with a combined storage capacity of 2.5 million CBM and 350 employees in total. Our terminals are located in the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Rotterdam), Germany (Hamburg), and Spain (Algeciras). Evos was founded in 2019 and is owned by investment funds managed by First Sentier Investors, a long-term oriented infrastructure asset manager. Evos’ vision is to establish a leading European operator of scale with positions in key hubs for the storage and handling of liquid energy and chemical products, and to be a frontrunner in new sustainable energy products.
Evos is now looking to further professionalize its Information Technology (IT) function and wishes to hire a functionally strong and hands-on Group Manager IT.
Your primary responsibilities are to define and implement the group’s IT strategy in close collaboration with the group’s Executive Committee and the terminal IT managers, and manage the conditions in the company’s IT infrastructure, processes and systems in line with the business strategy. You report to the CFO of Evos and work closely with the terminal IT managers on the execution of the IT strategy, policies and procedures.
Responsibilities and main tasks
- Develop and implement IT strategy to improve business performance as defined by the Executive Committee and in line with emerging digital and business trends. This includes challenging current IT solutions and business processes to increase use of standard available functionality.
- Set the group’s IT governance and control framework and IT standards as well as ensuring compliance to these controls and standards.
- Provide a stable and reliable IT platform and support the group’s activities to function effectively.
- Manage group IT vendors, external suppliers and other contract partners in a cost effective way and a professional manner.
- Lead the IT aspects of M&A related activities such as due diligence and IT carve-out activities.
- Prepare annual IT application project plan in line with business needs and execute accordingly.
- Oversee IT special projects, including planning, scheduling, managing and progress reporting for new system implementations.
- Realize operational improvements of the group’s IT organization including the steering of changes/processes to the group IT applications and establishing documentation for key business processes.
Requirements and qualifications
- University level education (Masters) in Information Technology.
- At least 6 years of working experience in a similar broad international IT role in an industrial environment, preferably in the marine logistics sector.
- Demonstrable experience and solid understanding of IT infrastructure and business applications.
- Experience in leading large transformation initiatives and major IT projects.
- Able to translate business processes into IT solutions.
- Up-to-date knowledge of emerging technologies and services.
- Knowledge of the COBIT 2019 framework for IT management and IT governance as well as management systems such as ISO 27001.
- Knowledge of cyber security as per the European NIS directive
- Understanding of local and international data safety standards.
- Demonstrated ability to functionally lead technical staff, work with senior management and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ambition and capacity to achieve results, be proactive, and think conceptually.
- Team oriented mind-set as well as a hands-on and pragmatic mentality.
- Well-developed social, communication, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Fluency in English. Working knowledge of other languages is considered an advantage.
Time for action
If you want to apply for this job, please send your resume and motivation to Maartje van Staden, HR Manager, via firstname.lastname@example.org. An assessment is part of the application procedure.
Acquisition by recruitment agencies is not appreciated and will not be responded to.