Group Manager Financial Control
fulltime, location Rotterdam/Amsterdam
Evos is an independent liquid bulk storage company which operates a network of state-of-the-art tank terminals in Europe with a combined storage capacity of 2.5 million CBM and 350 employees in total. Our terminals are located in the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Rotterdam), Germany (Hamburg), and Spain (Algeciras). Evos was founded in 2019 and is owned by investment funds managed by First Sentier Investors, a long-term oriented infrastructure asset manager. Evos’ vision is to establish a leading European operator of scale with positions in key hubs for the storage and handling of liquid energy and chemical products, and to be a frontrunner in new sustainable energy products.
Evos has so far used contractors to support its group financial control function and now wishes to hire a Group Manager Financial Control to fill the position on a permanent basis.
Your primary responsibilities are to provide the consolidated financials for Evos (actuals, forecasting and budgeting/planning), oversee the accounting activities across the operating companies, and to manage the external financial audits of the group.
You ensure that all consolidated information is timely, accurate, relevant and complete as well as in compliance with the International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS). You add value to the company by working in a collaborative way, providing financial reporting to support business analytics, increasing transparency of management information, and strengthening current financial processes, systems, and data.
You report to the CFO of Evos and work closely with the Group Manager Business Control and Treasury as well as the terminal Finance managers. The function will have 1 direct report, who will support the Group Financial Control function including the functional maintenance of the consolidation system.
Responsibilities and main tasks
- Prepare and distribute internal and external reporting such as management reports, bank reports, and statutory financial statements.
- Coordinate the monthly financial closing process and communicate with the terminal finance teams to ensure timely, accurate, relevant and complete reporting.
- Coordinate the annual planning/budgeting process and latest estimate updates.
- Ensure the accurate feed of financials into the company’s asset valuation model.
- Provide technical accounting support to the operating companies
- Prepare technical position papers on complex accounting topics such as e.g. Purchase Accounting, IFRS-16, and impairment testing.
- Stay current and advise on any new IFRS standards applicable to Evos.
- Functionally own the consolidation tool LucaNet and strive for further improvements of the system and further automatization of the consolidation process.
- Develop, implement and monitor the finance internal control framework including the group’s Accounting Manual
- Be the key point of contact for the external financial auditors and take responsibility for the smooth running and timely completion of all external audit processes.
- Deliver the accounting and statutory reporting of the group management company and Dutch holding companies with the support of the Amsterdam terminal finance department for the transactional processes.
- Lead the direct and indirect tax matters of the Dutch holding entities including the preparation of the annual tax returns of the Dutch fiscal unities in cooperation with the external tax advisor.
- Analyze financial performance topics and advice accordingly.
- Support a variety of ad hoc projects as required such as e.g. M&A, insurance valuations.
Requirements and qualifications
- University level education (Masters), and qualified as chartered accountant (RA / ACCA / CPA).
- At least 6 years of working in an audit firm with preferably experience with complex group audits and/or advisory engagements.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role and environment.
- Demonstrable experience and solid understanding of IFRS and Dutch GAAP.
- Demonstrable experience of working with a consolidation tool such as LucaNet.
- Experience with capex projects and business transitions.
- Ambition and capacity to achieve results, be proactive, and think conceptually.
- Team oriented mind-set as well as a hands-on and pragmatic mentality.
- Well-developed social, communication, and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Fluency in English. Working knowledge of Dutch, German, and Spanish is considered an advantage.
Time for action
If you want to apply for this job, please send your resume and motivation to Maartje van Staden, HR Manager, via email@example.com. An assessment is part of the application procedure.
Acquisition by recruitment agencies is not appreciated and will not be responded to.