Group Legal and Compliance Manager
Evos is an independent liquid bulk storage company which operates a network of state-of-the-art tank terminals in Europe with a combined storage capacity of 2.5 million cbm and 350 employees in total. Our terminals are located in the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Rotterdam), Germany (Hamburg), and Spain (Algeciras). Evos was founded in 2019 and is owned by investment funds managed by First Sentier Investors, a long-term oriented infrastructure asset manager. Evos’ vision is to establish a leading European operator of scale with positions in key hubs for the storage and handling of liquid energy and chemical products, and to be a frontrunner in new sustainable energy products.
Evos has so far used a contractor to support its legal and compliance function and now wishes to fill the position on a permanent basis by hiring a Group Legal and Compliance Manager, who likes the opportunity to actively contribute to the further growth of the organization.
Your responsibilities are to lead the organization’s corporate compliance function and to act as the primary legal person in the company to guide management on legal topics. You will report to the CFO. The Group Legal and Compliance Manager will have a functional line to the chairman of the Audit Committee and provide once a year an independent compliance report to the Audit Committee. You will work closely with the terminals and functional areas such as Commercial, Finance, HSSEQ, HR, IT and Procurement. Occasional travel in Europe is required (Netherlands, Germany, Spain). Your base location will be determined in mutual agreement.
Responsibilities and main tasks
- Manage the Evos corporate compliance program, built around the Code of Conduct including policies such as privacy, anti-bribery/anti-corruption, export controls and sanctions, anti-money laundering and anti-competition.
- Maintain the necessary conditions for the corporate compliance policies to be effective.
- Train, and help the organization understand the Evos compliance policies and procedures.
- Assist senior management to communicate on compliance policies and challenge management and existing practices.
- Keeps abreast of significant developments and/or changes in relevant laws, regulations and good business practices, and on significant internal developments which may have an impact on the Compliance risk profile.
- Investigate incidents, if and when required.
- Act as group whistleblower contact in addition to the whistleblower contact at each terminal.
- Be the liaison to 3rd party legal firms on specialist legal topics, including e.g. M&A.
- Act as corporate secretary for the meetings of the Evos Supervisory Board.
- Prepare notarial legal work and assist in the corporate housekeeping of the legal entities.
- Perform corporate affairs work in relation to policies, procedures and risk control frame work.
Requirements and qualifications
- Legally schooled (bachelor or academic degree required).
- At least 6 years of working in a law firm or legal department of an international company with preferably experience with commercial law and general exposure to corporate and compliance matters.
- A minimum of 4 years of working experience in a similar broad international legal and compliance role in an industrial environment.
- Knowledge of compliance in relation to anti-bribery/anti-corruption, export controls and sanctions, anti-money laundering and anti-competition.
- Knowledge of corporate and commercial law.
- Ability to lead with exemplary behavior in respect to compliance and ambition to improve the risk culture within Evos.
- Sound drafting and negotiating skills.
- Customer- and result oriented and possessing excellent communication skills.
- Team-oriented mindset as well as a hands-on and pragmatic mentality.
- Analytically strong, flexible and a proactive mindset.
- Fluency in English. Working knowledge of Dutch, German, and Spanish is considered an advantage
Time for action
If you want to apply for this job, please send your resume and motivation to Maartje van Staden, HR Manager, via firstname.lastname@example.org. An assessment is part of the application procedure.
Acquisition by recruitment agencies is not appreciated and will not be responded to.