NL – Commercial Manager – fulltime, location Rotterdam
Evos is an international and independent energy storage company which operates a network of premium tank terminals in Europe with a storage capacity of 2.5 million CBM. Evos is owned by an investment fund managed by First Sentier Investors and aims to build a leading European storage platform from which it is looking to continue to grow. We store crucial energy products and believe the energy transition is a source of new opportunities. Our existing terminals are located in the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Rotterdam), Germany (Hamburg), and Spain (Algeciras).
The location Rotterdam was established in 1992 and was acquired by Evos early 2020. The core business of Evos Rotterdam is the storage of bio-ethanol and methanol, and in addition it has a production facility for the production of methanol derivatives. The Evos group employs in total ~330 staff of which ~60 in Rotterdam.
To support the expansion of our terminal in Rotterdam, we are looking for an experienced sales professional (Commercial Manager).
As Commercial Manager you ensure the maximum asset utilization and revenues for the terminal and best in class customer service levels. You contribute to sustainable value creation for our company through a well-balanced and managed customer and contract portfolio.
Your responsibilities and main tasks:
- Maintain and expand crucial relations within the current customer base. Expansion of international customer base with new customers for the terminal is an important part of your role.
- Realize solid customer relationships and sustainable value creation for our company;
- Develop an in-depth understanding of all aspects of our product groups and enhance the value proposition to our clients;;
- Pursue business development opportunities: both new products related to the energy transition, as well as for the expansion of our terminal network;
- Manage tender processes and contract negotiations;
- Translating the customer requirements towards internal organization and securing the proper implementation;
- Manage the after sales process, including complaints and claims handling and debtors control;
- Manage (customer related) projects through our Project Management processes;
- Participate in industry events;
- Leads customer satisfaction survey activities and drive improvement;
- Lead cooperation between Sales, Logistics and Operations; ensure adequate supervision in the implementation of services in close consultation with Logistics and Operations;
Requirements and qualifications
- HBO/Academic level in Economics or Logistics;
- Minimal 5 years commercial experience in a similar role, preferably in the oil or chemicals industry;
- Strong networker and stakeholder management
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch; Other languages a distinct advantage;
- Experience with various systems, e.g. CRM, ERP;
- Good communicative and social skills;
- Competences: entrepreneurial ( “Hunter & farmer”), pro-active (initiative & creative), persistent, flexible, team player, disciplined and eyes for details
Time for action
If you want to apply for this job, please send your resume and motivation to Heleen Martens, HR Manager, via email@example.com.
An assessment is part of the application procedure.
Acquisition by recruitment agencies is not appreciated and will not be responded to.