Group Assistant Manager Financial Control
fulltime, location Rotterdam/Amsterdam
Evos is an independent liquid bulk storage company which operates a network of state-of-the-art tank terminals in Europe with a combined storage capacity of 2.5 million CBM and 350 employees in total. Our terminals are located in the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Rotterdam), Germany (Hamburg), and Spain (Algeciras). Evos was founded in 2019 and is owned by investment funds managed by First Sentier Investors, a long-term oriented infrastructure asset manager. Evos’ vision is to establish a leading European operator of scale with positions in key hubs for the storage and handling of liquid energy and chemical products, and to be a frontrunner in new sustainable energy products.
Evos has so far used contractors to support its group financial control function and now wishes to hire an Group Assistant Manager Financial Control to fill the position on a permanent basis.
Your primary responsibilities are to support the delivery of the actual consolidated financials on a monthly basis, support the consolidation of the forecasting and budgeting/planning financials, and the functional maintenance as well as further enhancement of the consolidation system LucaNet.
You report to the Group Manager Financial Control and work closely with the Group Manager Business Control and Treasury as well as the terminal Finance Managers.
Responsibilities and main tasks
- Review and analyze the reported financial results of the operating companies as part of the monthly financial closing process.
- Ensure (IFRS) accounting guidelines are applied in the reported financial results.
- Support the annual planning/budgeting process and latest estimate updates.
- Assist in preparation of audited annual consolidated statutory financial statements.
- Provide accounting and consolidation system assistance to the operating companies.
- Realize further enhancement of the consolidation system LucaNet and other finance related IT tooling.
- Direct contact to LucaNet for any technical updates and enhancements of the consolidation system.
- Act as a financial controller for the Dutch holding entities and the group management company including the delivery of the accounting and statutory reporting of these entities.
- Support a variety of ad hoc projects as required such as e.g. internal control framework, M&A, Tax, etc.
Requirements and qualifications
- Higher level education (Bachelor).
- Demonstrable experience of working with a reporting and consolidation tool, preferably LucaNet.
- Interest in IT tools (ERP, BI, MS teams / Google Drive)
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel and how it can interact with a consolidation tool.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant working experience in a similar role and corporate environment.
- Demonstrable experience and solid understanding of accounting including IFRS.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Team oriented mind-set as well as a hands-on and pragmatic mentality.
- Well-developed social and communication skills.
- Fluency in English. Working knowledge of either Dutch, German or Spanish is considered an advantage.
Time for action
If you want to apply for this job, please send your resume and motivation to Maartje van Staden, HR Manager, via email@example.com. An assessment is part of the application procedure. Acquisition by recruitment agencies is not appreciated and will not be responded to.